Restorative Culture Collaborative Cohort II
Sonoma County schools and community organizations are invited to send a strategic team of at least three members to participate in the Restorative Culture Collaborative Cohort II. Originally created to support the expansion of Restorative Practices in Sonoma County, the Collaborative has broadened to also include efforts related to addressing the social-emotional needs of students/clients; promoting equity and access; and building and nurturing thriving schools and communities.
As a collaboration between the Sonoma County Office of Education, Sonoma County Department of Human Services, Sonoma County Department of Health Services (Behavioral Health and Public Health), Child-Parent Institute, First 5 Sonoma County, and Sonoma County ACES Connection, the 2017-18 effort will move from the goal of awareness-building to one of action.
The Restorative Culture Collaborative Cohort II will offer participants the opportunity to:
- garner basic ACES awareness for shared understanding
- learn to recognize behaviors that may be indicative of childhood trauma
- master and vet specific trauma-informed strategies and strategies for building resilience in ourselves and our students/clients
- develop an organizational action plan
The Collaborative will begin with an orientation to the work, continue to focus on intrapersonal strategies, move next to interpersonal strategies, and culminate with an attention to agency and organizational practices. In an effort to maximize the impact of the work, participating teams will receive contextualized, site-based support between workshop sessions.WORKSHOP DATES ARE:
- November 8, 2017 | Orientation to the Work
- January 11, 2018 | Intrapersonal: Prepare Yourself, Get Mindful
- March 7, 2018 | Interpersonal: Communication is the Key
- April 27, 2018 | Collective: Trauma-Informed Organizations
NOTE: Teams are registered through a Google form. You will be taken to the Google form when clicking the registration button below. You will receive an invoice for payment once the form is complete.
Please note: Full and partial scholarships are no longer available.
|When||Wednesday, November 8, 2017;
Thursday, January 11, 2018;
Wednesday, March 7, 2018;
Friday, April 27, 2018
9:00am - 3:00pm
SCOE, Redwood Rooms A-C
Price is per team of 3-6 people
|Audience||K-12 Community Teams: teachers, administrators, community|
|Registration||Christine Vasquez, 707-524-2816, email@example.com|
|Questions||Jessica Progulske, (707) 524-2836, firstname.lastname@example.org|
Online Registration is not available.