Technology for Learners
Technology Devices for K-12 Education
Schools have many choices when selecting technology equipment for students and staff. Some of the options include Chromebooks, iPads, and Android tablets. This page offers information about choices and also shares planning tips.
A good starting point for thinking about technology purchases centers on questions about the purpose and function of the devices.
- What specific educational activities are planned with the technology?
- Which technology will serve students most efficiently and effectively in those activities?
- What specific tasks will teachers use the technology for?
- Which technology will help teachers be most effective in their work with students?
- Which technology will help students access information and express their ideas?
Other areas for consideration
Establishing a Vision for Technology in Learning
Total Cost of Ownership
Six Key Elements for School Technology
Try Before You Buy
2015 Horizon Report: Technology Trends for K-12 Education
- Rick Phelan, Director, Technology for Learners