IDEO Teachers Guild Collaborative
Who better to design creative solutions to classroom challenges than teachers? Fully embracing that idea, the Sonoma County Office of Education is joining together with two innovative businesses/organizations— Teachers Guild and One Workplace—for a pioneering collaboration.
NEW! Implement a Teachers Guild Innovative Idea at Your School! Fill out a SCOE Mini Grant Application either using this Google Form or by filling out this PDF. Application deadline is Monday, May 2nd, 2016. Submit Grant Applications to Sarah Lundy, email@example.com.
Launched in the Fall of 2015
Beginning in November, 2015 and going through January, 2016, SCOE is collaborating with the IIDEO Teachers Guild to ask Sonoma County teachers how we might re-imagine professional development in K-12 education to provide teachers meaningful experiences that invigorate their classrooms.
A flexible program designed around teachers' schedules
Having spent the majority of their professional lives teaching in the classroom, the organizers of this collaborative at SCOE are keenly aware of the daunting time constraints which teachers navigate every day. With that in mind, the Teachers Guild has developed a powerful online experience that makes it possible for teachers to participate online at their own convenience. Over the Collaboration’s ten-week duration, teachers' level of weekly participation can vary with availability and level of interest. Previous participants report spending approximately 30-60 minutes per week.
Teachers Guild in the News
- SCOE Tech Innovation Specialist Matt O'Donnell discusses the ideas that teachers learn best by taking risks.
- SCOE Teacher-on-Loan for Science Anna Van Dordrecht discusses the power of teachers collaborating and how it can improve the classroom experience for kids.
A unique partnership
The Teachers Guild
The Teachers Guild is a non-profit subsidiary of IDEO who believes that teachers are the revolution education has been waiting for. The Teachers Guild’s goal is to bring together teachers, just like you, to collaborate and solve 30 education challenges in three years.
One Workplace designs successful workplace environment solutions that transform culture by encouraging collaboration, fostering creativity, promoting productivity, and inspiring innovation.
Teachers Guild Launch
About 200 educators turned out for the October 27 launch event at DeTurk Round Barn in Santa Rosa. Scroll through pictures here.
Important dates for 2015-16
- Exclusive Launch held Tuesday, Oct. 27, 4-6:00pm | DeTurk Round Barn, 819 Donahue Street, Santa Rosa | Will include live music and hors d'oeuvres
- The Collaboration beganNovember 4
- The Collaboration will close on Wednesday, January 20th, 2016
- Sarah Lundy, Ed.D., Director of Teacher Development | (707) 522-3069
- Dan Blake, Director of Innovation and Partnerships | (707) 524-2780