Meeting Series: Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports (PBIS)
Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports (PBIS) is an evidence-based, school-wide practice for teaching behavioral expectations and reducing challenging behaviors.
Participants of the PBIS Coaches program share the goal of rolling-out PBIS at their school site for the 2018-2019 school year. Coaches are expected to attend all seven workshops with the outcome of creating a site-specific action plan. Coaches will be expected to share information from the program with their staff for program implementation. Homework will be assigned and presented for each session.
When will PBIS Coaches will meet?
- 09/05/17 PLEASE NOTE THIS SESSION HAS BEEN CANCELLED
- 10/10/17 Introduction to PBIS and coaching program: Bring site plan and alls site coaches.
- 11/28/17 Developing clear school-wide expectations
- 01/30/18 Creating school-wide positive reinforcement systems and systems to discourage undesired behaviors
- 02/28/18 Data-based decision-making, data tracking systems
- 04/10/18 Staff development and parent involvement
- 05/14/18 Roll-out procedures and next steps
|When||Tuesday, October 10, 2017. Registration is for all sessions.
2:00 p.m. - 4:00 pm
SCOE, Redwood Room C
|Presenter||Adam Stein - SELPA Executive Director, Suzanne Tribbey - SELPA Program Specialist, and Amber Stringfellow - Principal at Guerneville School.|
Site teams (at minimum: one administrator and one additional educator such as an education specialist, school psychologist, or lead teacher)
Attendance is limited to current employees of Sonoma County SELPA or Sonoma County Charter SELPA member districts and agencies.
Amy Ahlstrom, (707) 524-2756, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Questions||Suzanne Tribbey, (707) 524-2758, email@example.com|