From Awareness to Action:
Help launch and support the California Action Network for Mathematics Equity and Excellence (CANMEE) by participating in this conference, in which you will create an action plan and join a network dedicated to realizing equity and excellence. Pledge to share your actions that support equity and excellence.
The Goals for the Conference:
- Goal #1: Convene and activate the network of organizations whose core mission is grounded in issues of equity, excellence, and social justice in mathematics education.
- Goal #2: Develop the capacity of the member professional organizations to provide lesson study support and services statewide through regional hubs.
- Goal #3: Learn to do lesson study well in order to study equity and excellence, mathematics content, and pedagogy through the activities lead by the regional hubs.
- Goal #4: Work with leaders, teachers, schools, and districts to help establish a culture of learning through lesson study supported by regional hugs.
A block of rooms have been reserved at the Hilton Sonoma Wine Country at a discount rate. To reserve a room from the group block, visit the booking link and use the group code SCOE when completing your reservation.
Guests can also make reservations by calling 1-800-486-1542, and sharing the SCOE group code with the booking agent.
What Is the California Action Network for Mathematics Equity and Excellence (CANMEE)?
The California Mathematics Project (CMP), the California Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators (CAMTE), California Mathematics Council (CMC), the Mathematics Subcommittee of the Curriculum and Instruction Steering Subcommittee (Math CISC), the Silicon Valley Math Initiative (SVMI), The Lawrence Hall of Science (The Hall), the Benjamin Banneker Association, and TODOS: Mathematics for ALL have joined forces to establish the California Action Network for Mathematics Equity and Excellence (CANMEE) to support and sustain equity and excellence in mathematics education for each and every student.
The Purpose of the Network is to:
- Promote and support lesson study AND
- Support leaders, teachers, schools, and districts to interweave the dimensions of mathematically powerful classrooms: content, cognitive demand, access, identity (agency and authority), and formative assessment
So that every California student is a powerful mathematical thinker.
- California Mathematics Project (CMP)
- California Mathematics Council (CMC)
- California Association of Mathematics Teacher | Educators (CAMTE)
- CCSESA’s Mathematics Subcommittee of the Curriculum and Instruction Steering Committee (CISC)
- TODOS: Mathematics for ALL
- The Benjamin Banneker Association
- Silicon Valley Mathematics Initiative (SVMI)
- Lawrence Hall of Science (The Hall at UCB)
Note Regarding Payment:
You must select CHECK or CREDIT CARD to complete this registration.
Check (paid by you, another agency, or your district/school via a purchase order process): After you register you will receive a confirmation / invoice. If you are paying for the event yourself, print your confirmation / invoice, attach your check, and mail as indicated. If another agency or your district or school is paying for the event, please forward your confirmation / invoice to the appropriate person so that a check can be processed via the agency's / your district/school's purchase order (PO) process. SCOE does not require a copy of the PO, as an invoice is sent at the time of event registration. Credit card (PayPal): You must enter credit card information at the time of registration. If you are being reimbursed for this event, follow your district/school guidelines for reimbursement.
If you do not receive a confirmation / invoice within 24 hours, your registration is not complete. Please call the registration contact listed below for assistance.
|When||Friday and Saturday, April 21-22, 2017
7:00 am - 5:00 p.m.
Hilton Sonoma Wine Country, 3555 Round Barn Blvd, Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Registration is by invitation only. A registration code is required in order to register for the event.
|Audience||K-12 Administrators, Teachers, and Math Specialists|
|Registration||Jill McIntyre, (707) 524-2816, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Questions||Doreen Heath Lance, (707) 524-2853, email@example.com|
Online Registration is not available.